My first automobile project, part 3


Here are my renderings for the car project. It changed quite a bit from the previous development sketches! Here's the previous two posts on this - part 1 and part 2.

I tried to show the vehicle on a section of the Yungas Death Road in Bolivia. I used Prismacolor markers and white gouache.
  • It's rather difficult to make a vehicle look like the same from different angles. If I had realized that making something this angular and faceted was going to be such a problem in terms of reflection patterns, I would have changed the design!
  • I used matboard instead of illustration board, but didn't realize that there was such a huge difference in how the surface would take marker. If you do an illustration with markers, don't use matboard, it will bleed everywhere.


Comments

Popular Posts