old stuff - roadster



I don't have anything new scanned right now so I thought I'd go digging back into history.
This is a pretty old drawing from a while ago - and the start of all of these hours at the campus! I took the Intro to Communication Sketching class at Oakley and learned how to use chalk to create skytone reflections. One of the exercises was to create a drawing of a roadster, learning how to place reflections on a surface to depict a believable looking vehicle.

I look at this sometimes and get nervous that I haven't really improved all that much in my rendering skills, but at the very least now, I am assured that at least I've learned more about vehicles since then. Nowadays I probably wouldn't have done certain things (e.g. let the marker strokes get wobbly, put the window reflection that high on the windshield, let the "nose" of the vehicle touch the ground, etc) but I still think this was a pretty fun drawing and full of a lot of good memories.

Comments

Popular Posts