Hoodies

I was asked to do live painting at a fundraiser night of music and spoken word, put on by some high schoolers... They told me that whatever I came up with would be auctioned to the crowd and the money would go towards the high school program, so I figured, let's see what I can come up with in the 2 hours that I'm there! Why not?



In light of the Trayvon Martin case, I thought about all the kids in hoodies who have been persecuted one way or another, and thought to make a piece to honor them.

The picture is of a group of hooded figures reminiscing together and enjoying the sky filled with stars. They can either be the people themselves who have passed on, or else kids who are remembering times past and gathering in solidarity to remember their friends.

A professor from Occidental bought it! Feeling pretty good about my first sale :)

Comments

Popular Posts